Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Africa



Africa.

Black is golden,
My identity, I begotten,
My people beholden, they belong.
I’m ‘charcoal-ate’, I hear ‘em say,
That I’m colored, I wonder what color,
But, you too are white in color,
I’m Africa and black, I’m colorful.

Whispers, out and about continents,
I heard ‘em say, dark continent,
It wasn’t a complement.
Oh! Doomed! It’s what’s dark, they mean,
It dawns, all, and I see mean,
Then why reap of me, the doomed, minnows,
I’m Africa, proud of dark, beauty of black.

I’m a mother, the cradle of mankind,
How un-African to insult own mother,
I’m wealthy than none, I pride myself,
Exploited and ripped nude, enriching thyself,
Then I hear ‘em say third world, awe!
Illegitimately, ‘em are first world, awe!
I’m Africa and my other name, first world, legit!

I’m Africa and He that adorns is heavenly,
I die not now, not ever, I’m heavenly,
I toil not in vain,
I see forth a reward, in horizon, via a vein,
It trickles of my existence, defying villains,
Heavenly, the last shall lead the way,
I’m Africa and I’m heavenly ordained anyway.

Compiled tickler,
Son of the unquenched
Kevin Murungi.
murungikevin@yahoo.com
©Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *